Burandt goes Polaris?? | Mountain Sledder
MEDINA, MN (Nov. 6, 2009) – In making the switch to ride Polaris RMK snowmobiles, legendary big-air freestyle rider Chris Burandt joins the most terrain dominating team of freestyle riders, backcountry specialists and sno-cross racers in powersports. From the snocross track to hillclimb slopes to the backcountry where Burandt feels most at home, the world’s premier snowmobilers are riding Polaris sleds, all built standard with Terrain Dominating Control.
Burandt will ripping his Polaris snowmobiles at the Winter X Games, tearing up the steep and deep for cameras shooting Slednecks and other industry videos and of course pushing his clients comfort zones at his adventure based company Burandt’s Backcountry Adventures.
Burandt is extremely pumped about his new sleds. “I have never been so excited for an upcoming season as I am for this one. The new challenge, the new people, the new sleds and my new team at Polaris… what a way to start the year!” Chris is also excited about bringing over with him his support crew that has helped him every step of the way throughout his career. These major industry players include VOHK Performance, Boondocker Performance, Slednecks and Monster Energy. Be sure to check out the entire list of Chris Burandt’s support team at www.burandtsbackcountryadventure.com
Burandt has been snowmobiling for more than 25 years, and has achieved great success in the back country, hillcross, hillclimb and especially freestyle competition. He won the snowmobile freestyle gold medal at the 2007 Winter X Games, and has won multiple Red Bull Fuel & Fury championships. He is also a two-time Freestyle Sno-X (FSX) Rider of the Year.
Enhancing the Backcountry Adventure Experience
Starting this winter, Burandt will take his extreme riding customers to new heights as he makes Polaris RMK Deep Snow models the sleds of choice in the Burandt’s Backcountry Adventures rental fleet. “With the awesome power to weight ratio the RMK’s bring to the table, the rippy feel of the clean fire engines and the unmatched performance of the RMK suspension this will definitely be a year that not only my clients but myself as well will take backcountry riding to a whole new level!”
“With Colorado being blessed with early snow again I’ve been able to spend quite some time on my new ride. All I can say is that I truly feel the RMK has the ability to take me and my customers into areas where very few if any have dared to venture! I can’t wait for the deep stuff!”
This is the third winter he has operated his adventure riding business near Kremmling, Colorado. Located smack dab in the heart of the Rocky Mountains it only makes sense that Chris would choose the Polaris RMK (Rocky Mountain King) to negotiate the crazy technical terrain Colorado has to offer.
“The reliability, durability and performance we build into every Polaris snowmobile is exactly what Chris and his customers need to challenge themselves to go deeper into the backcountry,” Swenson said. “Our partnership with him will also provide us with valuable insights into the makeup and performance of our Deep Snow models.”
Burandt’s Backcountry Adventures provides groups and individual riders with the opportunity to experience Colorado’s backcountry with some of the world’s premier deep snow riders as their guides. The business is located near Kremmling, Colorado, about 90-miles from Denver, with riding adventures offered from December 1 until June 1, riding conditions permitting. Polaris plans to leverage this by rolling out a contest this November giving consumers and dealers a chance to win a Backcountry Adventure complete with lodging and hosted by Chris Burandt.
Scott Swenson, VP of the Polaris Snowmobile and PG&A Division, said everyone at Polaris is excited about Burandt joining their ranks.
“Chris is one of the biggest names and most respected freestyle/freeride riders and he is going to thrive on the performance, quality and Terrain Dominating Control of our RMK models,” Swenson said. “He complements the incredible lineup of racers competing on Polaris snowmobiles.”
Polaris Domination on All Terrain Burandt joins the ranks of the Polaris racers and hillclimbers who are poised to use Polaris Terrain Dominating Control and the power of Liberty® engines to battle for titles all across the snowbelt.
- Burandt joins the most highly regarded big air artists on snow. His fellow Slednecks stars Dan Adams, Randy Sherman and world record distance jumper Paul Thacker are also on Polaris.
- Polaris RMK Deep Snow models, such as the 800 Assault RMK on which Burandt will compete at the Jackson Hole Hillclimb with, will give Polaris hillclimbers the advantage as they compete for domination on the Western slopes. Long-time Polaris hillclimb star Darin Gould will manage the Western hillclimb program, succeeding the late Rick Ward, to whom the Western competitors have dedicated this season.
- Polaris racers on the Polaris IQ® Race Sled dominate snocross and won the Pro Open and Pro Super Stock championships last season. TJ Gulla (Open) and Levi LaVallee (Super Stock), teammates on Hentges Racing, are back to defending their ISOC titles. Teammate Brett Bender, who was ISOC Pro Rookie of the Year and finished second in Pro Open points is also looking forward to more podium finishes this winter.
- Ross Martin returns to the Judnick Motorsports snocross racing team fully recovered from a broken his that cut his season short last winter. A past Pro Open champion, Martin and his teammates will benefit from a technical alliance formed by Judnick Motorsports and Hentges Racing.
- Gabe Bunke will once again devour the miles on the USCC Cross Country Racing Circuit riding the all new Polaris RUSH.
- Scheuring Speed Sports has reloaded with snocross stars Andrew Johnstad and Robbie Malinoski, a former champion in both Pro classes.
- The Ontario-based Bourque’s Polaris Snocross Racing Team will campaign the entire ISOC schedule with Canadian star Dave Joanis, who has won at every level leading up to the Pro ranks he joined last season.
- Danny Poirer, the defending champion in both Pro classes on the Rock Maple Racing snocross circuit is joined on his Hulten Speed Sport/JOJO Energy team by former Midwestern star Bobby LePage.
- Idaho-based Leighton Motorsports will have snocross stars Colby Crapo, Stephen Edwards and Trevor Leighton running the full ISOC schedule this winter, while Team Southside Racing from Adams, Massachusetts will enter racers in virtually every class out East, and Star Performance returns to racing with Jayme Cheney as manager and crew chief for Derek Ellis, Kyle Fiebelkorn and James Johnstad.
More information about Burandt’s Backcountry Adventures is available at www.burandtsbackcountryadventure.com.
With annual 2008 sales of $1.9 billion, Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER™, snowmobiles and Victory motorcycles for recreational and utility use, and has recently introduced a new on-road electric-powered neighborhood vehicle.
Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry, and one of the largest manufacturers of ORVs in the world. Vict