Job Opportunity: Intern, Mountain Sledder Magazine
Mountain Sledder is a print magazine with an online platform at sleddermag.com. It is the premier destination for all the latest information and stories from the world of mountain snowmobiling. Mountain Sledder publishes stories, images and video from the biggest names in professional snowmobiling. We also post fresh content online—latest news, video edits, stories and gear reviews.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our team!
16 weeks, from September 15, 2018 to January 15, 2019 with a one-week break at Christmas
20 hrs/week; $15/hr
The successful candidate must be available to work at the Mountain Sledder office in Golden, British Columbia, Canada for 2-3 days a week.
Depending on the skills and interests of the chosen candidate, the internship may involve one or more of the following projects:
- Editorial research
- Assist with social media content
- Assist with proofing content
- Fact checking
- Assist with content creation (print and digital)
- Newsletter creation
- WordPress content upload including Search Engine Optimization
- Communication with advertisers and assisting with advertising proposals
- Research potential advertising opportunities and contacts
- Help with distribution list update
- Assist with Google analytics analysis
This internship is open to students and recent graduates of journalism, publishing, professional writing, electronic publishing, communications, design, business, marketing, advertising or a comparable program at an accredited post-secondary institution. This is a requirement of the position.
Interns may be accepted up to three (3) years after graduation.
- Knowledge of the snowmobile industry a key asset
- The candidate’s schedule must allow for 20 hours/week work commitment
- Ability to work well both as part of a team AND unsupervised is necessary
- The successful candidate must be punctual, able to meet deadlines and possess attention to detail
- Work with an established print magazine and digital publisher
- Work closely with Editor and Art Director and assist with content creation and publishing workflow
- Learn about magazine pitches, assist with proposals
- Get to know all aspect of the print production cycle—content creation, advertising relationships, design, pre-press and distribution
- Learn/expand knowledge of the snowmobile industry
Resume, references, and sample of writing required. Position open until filled.